Friday, August 16, 2013

Crochet for the Classroom: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!


Welcome back to "Crochet for the Classroom"! This week I am featuring one of my favorite crochet projects so far- my coconut tree! I found this adorable pattern on Moogly Blog and fell in love. I knew it would be perfect to go along with Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

 Although Moogly Blog uses this tree to store her adorable finger puppets, I have another idea for it. I am planning on putting some bottle caps with letters written on them inside this bottle. I can either put one of each letter in there to encourage the children to put them in order or I can put one capital and one lower-case of each letter for matching or even two of each letter in capital or lower-case for simpler matching.  There are many possibilities!




This is another one of my favorite books so I have a ton of resources for you to check out (and more to come!):
My Pinterest Board
Chicka Chicka Snack and Bulletin Board Idea
Chicka Chicka Head Bands








No comments: