Thursday, August 1, 2013

Crochet for the Classroom: The Very Hungry Caterpillar














Hello! I promised that I would be more active on this blog and to prove it, I am posting this series of crochet items that I have made for the classroom using free patterns found on the internet. Each week I am going to feature another free pattern and show you how it will be used in the classroom. If you don't know how to crochet, grab a crochet hook and some yarn, and look up some Youtube videos! All of the patterns I have used thus far have been fairly easy and I know that you will learn how to crochet like a pro in no time!

The first pattern is from my favorite children's book of all, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I was originally planning to make this caterpillar (and I may still make it later) but opted instead to make the hand puppet. I made a few changes and here is the finished product:


Here are a few links to more Very Hungry Caterpillar ideas for the classroom:
My Pinterest Board (over 130 pins!!)
My Resource Round-Up

Check back next week for another free pattern and idea for your classroom!



Moogly


No comments: