Friday, August 9, 2013

Crochet for the Classroom: Ice Cream!














Welcome to the second installment of "Crochet for the Classroom"! Today I am sharing some ice cream! My assistant teacher and I are planning to add a new ice cream theme to our schedule this year so I thought this would make a fun addition. I found the little ice cream dish at the Dollar Tree. I don't have a book to go with this set (yet) but I thought of a cute Math game/song:

Have small pom-poms and a dish for each child playing and sing the following song:

Ice cream, Ice cream, in a dish
How many scoops do you wish?

The child then states how many scoops he or she would like and you count out that number of pom poms into his or her dish.


Here is the pattern for creating this adorable crocheted ice cream set:










No comments: