Wednesday, June 17, 2009

365 Cards Day #109!!

Whoo Hoo! I have been keeping up with 365 for 2 days in a row! That's an accomplishment for me right now! Today's challenge had me in "color shock" (I think its the "culture shock" of the paper crafting world! LOL)! We were to use these colors:

So not my colors! Very muted and serene. Very pretty but not me. Well, once again, Pam pushed me into trying something new and I totally love how it turned out!!
I saw this tearing "technique" somewhere and I thought it was neat so I got to put it to use here! Very simple but i think simple is my "style" LOL!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks absolutely great Alicia. I like it too!!
Hugs
Michelle

Karen Lee said...

You made a very pretty card, even if the colors were not you!

hugs, Karen Lee

Sherry Eckblad said...

This looks great and not my normal colors either but I think I could get used to them.

Fi said...

Great card Alicia, love the way you have inserted the image.
Hugs
Fi

Kristen H said...

This is really pretty, Alicia. I love the embossing on the background. I love your image and the coloring on it.
I also love your blog design! It is great, what a cool fresh, and fun look it has!!

~amy~ said...

fabulous job Alicia!

Kristie Larsen said...

Alicia, this is fabulous! I love what you have done. The tearing and the embossing and I think the colors are lovely ; ) But yes, shocking to use especially for a feminine card! You did wonderfully!

Pam said...

Love what you did with the challenge, Alicia - wonderful job with the colors!