Monday, June 29, 2009

365 Cards Day #121 "Four Seasons"

Oh my! This was a hard one for me. I just couln't get myself to think of something "original". When I saw the challenge I knew I wanted to incorporate the "seasons" scripture verse (which I now have memorized from typing it so many times - without saving it!). I stamped on white cardstock with always artichoke ink, on cream cardstock with old olive ink, on white cardstoick with black ink... I just couldn't get it right. I tore up everything and tossed it in the trash. THEN I got the bright idea that I did not have to stamp anything! I have a patterned paper stack called- get this- ALL SEASONS. Duh! LOL SO, after much fighting and arguing, here is my card for a church friend who is going through a rough "season" in her life....



I am thinking of adding a little button in the bottom left corner...


8 comments:

Wendy said...

That's really nice!

One4Joy said...

I love your take on the seasons, complete with the PERFECT scripture! great paper play, Alicia!

One4Joy said...

I love your take on the seasons, complete with the PERFECT scripture! great paper play, Alicia!

Bohemian Gypsy said...

Excellent job Alicia. Love it.
Hugs
Michelle

fabricbutterfly said...

GREAT!!!!! Card, just perfect. I do always like a button, but it doesn't need it.

Sammie said...

I love looking at your cards, and I love this one also. I think it is fine without a button.

Best wishes to your friend.

~amy~ said...

FAB job...love it!

Gloria Stengel said...

Love your use of paper! And if you add 4 buttons you can join in the Pile it On Challenge blog this week. LOL