Monday, June 29, 2009

365 Cards Day #121 "Four Seasons"

Oh my! This was a hard one for me. I just couln't get myself to think of something "original". When I saw the challenge I knew I wanted to incorporate the "seasons" scripture verse (which I now have memorized from typing it so many times - without saving it!). I stamped on white cardstock with always artichoke ink, on cream cardstock with old olive ink, on white cardstoick with black ink... I just couldn't get it right. I tore up everything and tossed it in the trash. THEN I got the bright idea that I did not have to stamp anything! I have a patterned paper stack called- get this- ALL SEASONS. Duh! LOL SO, after much fighting and arguing, here is my card for a church friend who is going through a rough "season" in her life....



I am thinking of adding a little button in the bottom left corner...


8 comments:

Wendy said...

That's really nice!

Susan said...

I love your take on the seasons, complete with the PERFECT scripture! great paper play, Alicia!

Susan said...

I love your take on the seasons, complete with the PERFECT scripture! great paper play, Alicia!

Unknown said...

Excellent job Alicia. Love it.
Hugs
Michelle

Anonymous said...

GREAT!!!!! Card, just perfect. I do always like a button, but it doesn't need it.

Sammie said...

I love looking at your cards, and I love this one also. I think it is fine without a button.

Best wishes to your friend.

~amy~ said...

FAB job...love it!

Gloria Stengel said...

Love your use of paper! And if you add 4 buttons you can join in the Pile it On Challenge blog this week. LOL