Tuesday, June 23, 2009

365 Cards Day #115

One of my most favorite techniques to admire is paper piecing. Today's challenge on 365 cards was paper piecing. This is something that I really don't do often enough! I had fun creating this little basket full of flowers. I stamped my Stampin' Up! basket onto my patterned paper from my scrap stash. I used my tiny scissors to cut it out. I then used some little punched flowers that I recieved in a RAK and glued the orange ones directly onto the paper. Then I used my Crop A Dile and punched the leftovers from some dimensionals to create teeny tiny dimensionals. I attached those to the blue flowers and slipped them into the spaces between the orange flowers to create some added dimension. I used my border punch and a piece of ribbon to complete the card.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty card, and such a beautiful basket, it looks so fresh and summary

Unknown said...

Cute card Alicia. Nice paper piecing.
Hugs
Michelle

Kristen H said...

This is great! I love the orange and blue together, and the lacy edged paper that you punched. What a pretty card!

~amy~ said...

really sweet...love the picnic basket!