Tuesday, June 30, 2009

365 cards Day #116 and #122

On 365 Cards on day #116, we were to create a wedding card with no sentiment. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. While struggling with the four seasons challenge (see yesterday's post), I came up with this card sans the wedding cake. I didnt like it for my seasons card but thought it would be perfect for my wedding card. I added the cake embellishment and it was ready to go:


Today's challenge was a little easier. We were to use wrapping paper on our card. Since I am completely addicted to pretty patterned paper, I have a small stash of wrapping paper that sits in my closet. I rarely wrap gifts but I love to buy pretty patterns. I planned on only using the wrapping paper (pink/orange polka dots) on the orange cardstock and the ribbon. While looking for an image to add to my card,I came across this one that I had already colored to match the blue hawaiian print paper. I added a strip of the Hawaiian print paper to the card, popped my image up on dimensionals, and the rest was history! I love how this one turned out! I am ussually one to match-match my patterns and colors....





3 comments:

~amy~ said...

sooo cute alicia!!! Love the penguins!

Kim Dellow said...

Oh soo cute, I love those penguins :) Kim

Maz said...

what a cute card, love the penguins
maz