Sunday, June 28, 2009

365 Cards Days #118 and #120

The challenges on 365 cards have been getting more and more challenging. I love it! The only problem is that sometimes it takes me more than one day to get an "idea" so I tend to run behind.

Day #118 challenge was to create a card using a frame. I looked through my stash and couldn't find a frame. Then, I remembered that I had some kits in my drawer and in the drawer were my frames! I used this teeny frame to showcase the wonderful letter "A" (my initial ;) )to create a monogram card. I am thinking of using the rest of the frames to create a little set. These are something that i would have NEVER used! I am so glad I did! Oh, after I finished, I thought that the background piece would have been better if I had used my CuttleBug to emboss it.. oh well...




Day #120- today- the challenge was to use this awesome sketch as inspiration. I had my tart n tangy SU set out that I LOVE but NEVER use! I used the orange to create the little embellishment and then decided to try Versamark on my base. Well, the paper I used does not like to let Versamark soak in to create watermarks. SO luckily I had some clear embossing powder that I used to emboss the watermarks. I am actually pretty proud of myself for thinking of a little "extra". One day I will be like some of the other 365ers and create pure works of art. Until then.... I will continue to practice!



I have also uploaded a video on Youtube and plan to upload more. They are VERY simple videos but I enjoy making them! My username is "scrugglenamp"

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Hey Alicia...great cards!!! Love the tart & tangy one :)

Maz said...

Great card and I will definately be checking out your videos
maz

Bobbi said...

I know what you mean about the daily challenges getting more challenging. It takes me the whole week to come up with ideas. But I LOVE it....
great cards, and thanks for reminding me of my stash of mini frames.

Sara said...

I love your cards and I really love all the paper on the first one. Great work!!!!

Gloria Stengel said...

I really like that sentiment! Cute cards and great take on the sketch!