Monday, April 6, 2009

365 Cards Day #37 and 2S4Y #23

First, I want to share a photo my son took. He is 9 years old and him and my fiancee (his dad) went to survey the damage of the floods in our town. There is moderate flooding and it is supposed to start going down now. We live off of the Oconee River in Georgia. Anyway, I thought this picture was pretty cool:



Today's challenge on 365 cards was to DIY. That is, create your own piece of embellished chipboard. I also combined it with this weeks sketch on 2 Sketches 4 You Sketch #23. THEN, I realized that it fits with the Mommysavers challenge to use blue and green. (my fav color combo at the moment!) So, another triple play for me!
THE SKETCH:

MY CARD:


BTW, I used another one of my Michael's $1 cupcake stamps (I love cupcakes!!- you can tell by my waistline) and some 3D glue stuff from Dollar Tree. I covered it with my Sugar Coating Glitter (I need to buy more of this stuff when I go back to Michael's!!). I colored everything with my handy dandy Sharpies!

Oooh Oooh Oooh! Almost forgot!! PLEASE visit 365cards next week for Scor-It week!! I WANT one!!! I am definitely going to love all the "fold" challenges they will be offering! (no scor-it needed to play)

14 comments:

Karen Lee said...

So cute! Cupcakes always put a smile on my face!

~~XOXO~~
Karen Lee

AUsome mom said...

Very cute! Love the bright papers. Oh, and the pic your son took is cool too!

Jana said...

Cute card. Love the stamps. I just got these yesterday. You are really making the rest of us look bad with all your challenges. LOL.

~amy~ said...

Great cupcake card!!!

Fi said...

Fantastic card Alicia - love your cupcake and PP.
Hugs
Fi

Laura Davis said...

Very cute card Alicia! I love the bold fun colors:)
Laura

cnelson said...

really cute card! love the photo your son took!

Lulu said...

Oooh love the cupcake!! Cute card :)

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Wow you rocked these challenges what an awesome card.

Debbie Stelton

Savitri said...

What a fun card!!! LOVE the bold colors and the cupcake is so so sweet!

Ewonne said...

The colors of the PP are great! Love this card!

Anonymous said...

Cute card! I love the use of your tag!

XOXO
Sara

Kristie Larsen said...

woah, thats a lot of water! Hope you get drained soon (well, i guess this comment is a bit late, so maybe you are drained by now?) anyway, great chipboard card!

Unknown said...

great take on the sketch!