Monday, April 27, 2009

Money Saving Monday and TPE challenge

Today's Money Saving Monday tip is: FREE IMAGES
You can find free images on packaging that you are throwing in the trash or recycling bin! I was about to throw away the box to these baby cereal bars (like Nutra-Grain bars) and I noticed that the cute little bee might fit in my circle punch. I tried it out and it worked! I combined this with this weeks TPE sketch challenge and it's very simple but I think it's also very cute. This one will be donated to ABC Women's Clinic. Thanks for looking!!

THE BOX:


THE IMAGE:


THE CARD:


11 comments:

Carol said...

Such a cute bee! and from packaging that would be thrown away....very clever to have thought of it!
Thanks for playing along with my sketch and sharing this fab idea :)

Hugs
Carol x

Rose said...

COOL!! now i will look before tossing out!! Thanks :-)

Deanna said...

Totally cool! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Jessica said...

great idea!!! That turned out very cute!

Trudi said...

What a great idea! That bee is so cute. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE

Annie said...

Wow amazing how you have managed to use a bit of some packaging and turn in to something so cool. Brilliant - I will be investigating the possibilities in my packaging more carefully from now on.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Robin said...

This is just so cute!! I think the bee looks fabulous and I am so glad you thought to punch it out!! Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!
Robin
The Pink Elephant

Dawn said...

OMG! I never looked at packaging in this way. You have opened my eyes!! This is such a cool tip. Your card turned out so cute!

SCRAPCRAZY said...

Wow Great idea girl!! I never would have thought to do that;) Great card came out of it.

Kathryn said...

Such a FABULOUS idea -- love that bee -- too cute!

Unknown said...

So clever & cute!!! Thanks for creating with us at TPE this week!