Tuesday, April 7, 2009

365 Cards Day #38- I Quilt!

Ok, this was the most difficult challenge so far! I cut my quilt blocks using a square punch so they were WAY too big. BUT they wouldn't have looked right if they were smaller. So I made a card thats like 5 x 5 instead of reg sized. I then added a 4 1/4x 5 1/2 card to the back so it would stand up. I put an Easter reflection prayer on the front and I think I will be framing it to go with my Easter stuff :) It also fits with one of the Mommysavers crop challenges: use pastels. Here it is:




15 comments:

Karen Lee said...

Just beautiful!

~~XOXO~~
Karen Lee

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Well you would never know from the looks of this card that you struggled at all. This is a beautiful card and I love the verse. Great job on combining two challenges into one card.

Debbie Stelton

Rose said...

fantastic!! love the prayer you added ;-)

Anonymous said...

beautiful card, you done good

Anonymous said...

Great interpretation of the sketch!

Fi said...

Alicia your card is absolutley beautiful, you would never know that you struggled with this challenge, Well done.
Hugs
Fi

AUsome mom said...

Alicia...this is a beautiful card. I would frame it too!! Great job!

Kristie Larsen said...

beautiful job alicia! that quote you have on your sidebar is one of my all time favorites. Thanks for sharing!

Vicky said...

Love the soft colors! Great job, Alicia!

* Di * said...

Great quilt card, you have done a wonderful job!

Jeannie said...

Beautiful!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Unknown said...

Kristie, one of the reasons I added that is for myself. I've had a bad habit of thinking that I am not worthy of the things that I have been blessed with. I am trying to remind myself that it is OK to be me! Thanks for all the great comments!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

This is excellent. I luv that you put a prayer on it.

Jana said...

Very soft and pretty. Perfectly done.

Stephanie said...

Excellent job!