Thursday, April 23, 2009

365 Cards Day #54- Recycled Elements

I was really excited when I saw that today's challenge on 365 cards was to use recycled elements. I wanted to do something different than what I had already done so I decided to do something I had seen before. I used an old acetate box that some really long cards came in. I cut it down to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I decorated the outside to coordinate with the inside. I would have made all 6 cards with Bellas but its really hard to stamp her because I still dont have a large acrylic block... So, I used my BRAND NEW CUTTLEBUG!!!! and cut some ribbons and also embossed the pink strips. I only had a small piece of pink sheer ribbon left so I made a little purse handle for the box to finish it. I also paper pieced Bellas dress on the front with the same patterned paper as the cards. Here is my creation:



I also forgot to post yesterday that my youngest ds and I made this "Go Diego, Go" piggy bank out of an old Juicy Juicy container to celebrate Earth Day yesterday (my computer was acting CRAZY yesterday!)



8 comments:

Karen Lee said...

This is really cute! Isn't it fun to recycle!!!

hugs, Karen Lee

Unknown said...

Hi Alicia,

Thanks for your comments love, I really appreciate it and yes it is funny how something so simple brings people together. Don't you just adore the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I've had my Cuttlebug since Dec 2008 and only just got 5 new folders this week as I only had the spider web one. This week I got the Swiss Dot one and I cannot stop playing with it hehehe
Hugs
Michelle

Rose said...

Fantastic!!! and congrats on the new CB!! Your son is cute even when blurry!! :-)

AUsome mom said...

OH, she looks FANTASTIC!! And congrats on your new toy!!

~amy~ said...

What a great idea recycling the acetate box...love your project and your boy is a cutie pie!!

Maz said...

What a lovely idea, they turned out great and you souldnt know you had problems with the stamping
Maz

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

This project ROCKS!! It is so elegant and would make such an awesome gift. Great job with this challenge,

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Oh wow, luv your project. You are so gonna luv your CB especially with the embossing folders! It's addictive! Have fun with it. Left you something(x2) on my blog! :)