Monday, April 13, 2009

365 Cards- Scor-It Day2

Today is Day #2 of Scor-It week on 365 cards. Today's challenge was to create a money holder. It happens I recieved an invitation today for my friends Graduation. She is graduating from college with her BA in Early Childhood Education. She happens to be last year's Teacher of the Year for our agency, the designer of last years winning t-shirt (I am the designer this year), my Sponsor at church (like a god-parent), and a cat lover! She's a great person and has worked REALLY hard for this degree. So, I created a kitty themed graduation card (I think shes a little too "adult" for the old caps and gowns- though I guess kitties aren't real adult! LOL) Anyway, here is my creation:



It was really wet out today (after almost a week of PERFECT weather!) so I photographed indoors and the colors are off but you get the idea. I used the tutorial I found on Design Team Member Vicky's Blog, Paper Girl I added a little insert in the top pocket that I can write a personal note on. I scalloped the edge with my corner rounder and added another piece of ribbon. I used my M's $1 clear stamps once again and some two-sided cardstock from my stash, and misc scraps, including the footprint ribbon. Hope you like it!

Oh, here's another picture of my boys. They had a blast after church yesterday with the Easter Bunny!






13 comments:

Jana said...

Your boys are adorable. I love your card. Those paw prints are so fun. Love the extra little card you added inside.

~Tammy~ said...

Love that kitty style card! Very cute thanks for playing!

Karen Lee said...

What a cute kitty money holder. Love the pic of your boys!!

hugs, Karen Lee

Vicky said...

SO cute!! Love the little paw print ribbon and the kitty inside!! Great job & glad you liked the tutorial (and relieved it made sense!)

Kim said...

Great take on the gift card! I luv the extra pocket to tuck in a sentiment... Cute photo of your boys.

Anonymous said...

you and your boys are adorable, love the card, it is so fun seeing all of these money holders thanks for sharing yours

Rosemary said...

Your sons looked like they were having a great Easter!

I like your card very much, I'm a cat person and I think she will love it. You pulled all of the elements together so beautifully.

I just participated today in this group and it is a really talented bunch. I'm so impressed by everything I'm seeing. Wow!

Pam said...

This card is super cute - great job on the challenge, Alicia!

~amy~ said...

CUTE money holder...with big bucks in it! lol...sweet pic of the kidlets!

Unknown said...

Love the kitty stamps and the photo of your boys, too cute!
-Cher

Monica Anderberg said...

This is gorgeous! I really like your design with the colours. You are always making such a nice things. I just love come and visit your blog and see everything lovely things!

Monica at scrapoleket.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Cute card Alicia! I really like the top pocket idea.

Gloria Stengel said...

Very cute and original. And your kids are very cute as well.