Monday, April 20, 2009

Money Saving Monday

I plan on making this a new event on my blog. Every Monday, I hope to post a new money saving craft idea! I am really into Frugal Living and would love to get more into recycling.
Before I begin, I want to announce that my friend Sara, is giving away some awesome blog candy in celebration of her official title as Fiskars Certified Demonstrator. Please check out her blog following the link on my sidebar or HERE.
Okay, on to Money Saving Monday.... today's craft idea is these cute little gift boxes that I made for my sons' teachers. I bought a set of 12 white boxes in a package in the wedding section at Dollar Tree. They measure 3x3x1.5. I made my notecards to 2 7/8x 2 7/8. I did this by cutting my paper 2 7/8 x 5 3/4 and folding it in half. I then decorated my cards and the box to match. Here is the completed project and the cards inside (there are actually 8 cards but I only took a picture of 6 by accident):






5 comments:

Rose said...

What a great idea!!! looking forward to each mondays money saving ideas :-)
almost forgot to tell you how stinken cute the cards are!!

Vicky said...

What a great idea! I'm definitely going to be checking out your Frugal Monday ideas!
I left a little something for you on my blog, so check it out when you get a chance! :)

Unknown said...

Very Cute Alicia! I look forward to many more Money saving ideas!

Jessica said...

Those are so cute!!! What a great idea about the Money Saving Monday idea! Cant wait to read more!

Unknown said...

LOL I just saw that I posted before as Jake. I must have been signed in under his name :)