Sunday, April 26, 2009

ATCs and Class Treats

Sadly, I have not done my 365 challenge for today. I am not really inspired by sketches so I kinda put it off for tomorrow. On the other hand, I have been working! My camera is now in Camera Heaven. I dropped it yersterday trying to take a photo of my class treats and I broke the lens mechanism. I had a Cannon Power Shot and I LOVE it! It was my second one. So tomorrow will be another trip to the bank so that I can replace it. Unfortunately, I have to dip into my trip money for the summer :( Anyway, I borrowed my sister's camera to take today's photos:

At Mommysavers, we are having an ATC swap. There is no theme so I thought I'd use some new Studio G stamps I bought the other day at Michael's. They were scrapbook themed and I thought that, although they are the CUTEST, I wouldn't get much use out of them. SO I was glad to be able to use them for this. I am not sure if I like them or not.... I used the Studio G set for all of the stamping. I stamped the base with three of the stamps (the glue bottle, a tag, and scissors images) I then stamped the "create" and cut it out. I also stamped the scrapbook image and cut it out. I typed and printed the "ready, set," in Courier font on my computer. I CuttleBugged my black paper (2x3) with the Swiss dots folder. I then decided that a flower would be cute and the button shaped brads were kind of crafty so I used them for the centers. I glued it all together and this is what I got:



Also, I broke my camera to photograph the class treats I made for my sons Pre-K class. They raised almost $400 for the MDA!! They had thier Hop-A-Thon on Friday but I have been having eye troubles and couldn't drive to see it. So I am sending these little treats tomorrow. I used my favorite Stampin' Up set that I own, "Very Punny" to make these little circles and attached them to the scallops. It is all scrap paper and I used Green Galore ink to stamp the images. Again, I do not like this camera. It is hard to see the image. It says "Hoppy for you" (Hop A Thon- Hoppy for you)I used glue dots to attach them to Reece's Cups. I also tied the bag with a ribbon when I was done :)



3 comments:

Jessica said...

Too cute! I have that scrapbooking stamp set too. Cant wait for the ATCs to all be swapped!

Rose said...

Oh no!!! Hope you can replace it soon, but if not then please catch us up when you can :-) Your ATC's are CUTE!!!
YAHOO!! $400!!! the treats look like they will be a big hit!!

BasketMom said...

very unique ATCs - I need to look for those Studio G stamps at my store!